785.232.0597 info@tarcinc.org

1980's

In 1981, The Geers building was completed and dedicated and then later remodeled in the late 80’s to help meet additional needs for persons with severe multiple disabilities.1986 marked the beginning of the Assistive Technology division at TARC with the first computer from the Telephone Pioneers donated to the TARC Preschoolers.

In 1989, due to the increased number of adults applying for services, an additional building in the Southgate Industrial Park, 1800 SW 42th Street, Topeka, was constructed and named after the Executive Director Lila L. Paslay. The Miller Building also underwent renovations during this time to accommodate the expanding Early Intervention program.