Parents and children together
The Parents and Children Together (PACT) program was developed to assist and provide support to parents with intellectual disabilities. Staff provides intensive home visitation services to educate and help parents develop and/or build upon their basic parenting skills. Staff also provides assistance accessing needed resources and provides emotional support to parents as they struggle with the daily challenges of raising young children.
The PACT program also offers a monthly parent group for participants with childcare and transportation assistance available. TARC collaborates with other community agencies to provide additional education regarding various parenting issues. Previous topics included: basic first aid, home and child safety, developmentally appropriate play and teaching appropriate behavior. Parents play a pivotal role in this group and help identify topics, actively participate in discussions and share their experiences.
To be eligible for PACT
- One or more of the parents must have a developmental disability or be limited as such that it impacts his/her ability to effectively parent.
- Parents must have a child between the ages of birth to three or be expecting a chile to receive intensive home visitation.
- Parents with children between the ages of three to five years old may continue to receive monthly home visits and attend our parent group.
To refer a family to the PACT program please contact:
Family Support Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 785.506.8616
2018 PACT Dates
- January 18 – Parent Cafe
- February 15 – Brush, Book, Bed
- March 15 – Learn and Play
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21 –
- July 19 – Expanded Food & Nutrition Education Program
- August – NO Parent Group
- September 20
- October 4
- October 18 – Car Seat Safety
- November 15
- December 13