Day Services Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 785.506.8615
TARC’s Adult Day Services provides excellent service and support for Shawnee County residents 18 years of age or older, with developmental, intellectual and related disabilities.
We support adults in gaining their independence, providing enrichment in their areas of interest and enhancing their life skills and building confidence.
- All persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- All services and supports should be guided by the persons, their family and guardians
- All persons have the right to be included in their communities
- All persons should have the opportunity to live in an environment that supports their health safety and happiness
- All persons should have the opportunity to engage in meaningful activities
- All individualized supports should be tailored to each person’s needs and interests
I am very pleased with the outcome of the programs areas and I am even more pleased with the therapeutic pool and that my brother is using it to the degree that he is!Sibling of a Day Services Participant
TARC’s Art Center is where those we serve love to express themselves through art. They participate in our Art from the Heart, a structured class offered twice a week is taught by an instructor from Washburn University. Our Art Program offers a variety of adapted pieces of equipment to ensure that all have the opportunity to be creative and express themselves. All adaptive equipment is operated by a big mac switch. We use a variety of media including: paint, photography and mixed media arts.
A new warm and inviting space houses our Health Center where those we serve receive medical treatment and have access to quality direct support professionals, a nurse and a Restorative Aide. Our staff specializes in service those with high medical needs including:
- Tube feedings
- Insulin Shots
- Medication administration and
- Wellness monitoring.
Aquatic Therapy Center
The hydrotherapy pool provides therapeutic sessions to those we serve. The adjustable floor allows accessibility to all persons. Hydrotherapy provides a range of benefits including:
- Increases static balance – helps reduce the risk of falling
- Improves gait
- Decreases pain and inflammation
- Improves strength and lean mass, reducing overall body mass
- Improves flexibility and increases range of motion
Equipped with cutting edge technology, we provide those we serve with the opportunities to become familiar with technology to grow their skills and gain independence. Our 12 iPads as well as several Mac computers have a wide range of programs and activities including: telling time, money skills, language development, reading skill, daily living and general computer skills.